(816) 569-3371 Security Patrol.
Residents are allowed to put out up to 12 trash bags without tags, as long as each bag is less than 40 lbs.
Those weeks are July 5 thru July 10 and Dec 26 thru Dec. 30.
Hazardous waste, bulky items and leaves/brush will not be picked up during amnesty week. Call 311 if your trash is not picked up.
WHAT WILL THE CITY PICK UP?
Place the following items in trash bags and the city will pick them up: Food waste; packaging; small appliances, toys, and tools, but it is recommended that you donate these items. Waste associated with normal home maintenance; small car parts, such as spark plugs, brake shoes and shock absorbers that can be put in bags. Building materials that are bundled with twine or wire to include wood, wood products, plaster, or wallboard. Boxes of shingles, empty paint cans and small items used when you’re maintaining your home.
WHAT THE CITY WILL NOT PICK UP:
Items over 40 pounds, call 311 for bulky trash pickup, items longer that 4 feet, large amounts of construction debris, Hazardous liquids and car batteries need to picked up by setting up an appointment
Here’s the new holiday trash schedule for Kansas City residents. Nine holidays will observe for 2023. Pickup will be delayed by a day on the following holidays.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Monday, Jan. 16 Presidents Day.
Monday, Feb. 20 Memorial Day.
Monday, May 29 Juneteenth.
Monday June, 19 Independence Day.
Tuesday, July 4 Labor Day.
Monday, Sept. 4 Thanksgiving Day.
Thursday, Nov. 23 Christmas.
Monday, Dec 25 New Year’s Day.
Monday, Jan 1, 2024
1) Jackson County Property Tax Relief for Seniors - see Residents Page, News Blog, for more information.
2) Plaza Art Fair & PeaceworksKC Art Fair, this weekend, see RHA Events Page.
3) Photos of Plaza 10K run: Sept. 10th, see RHA Events Page
4) City Legislation passes which will likely affect Cleaver II Blvd, see on Home page below.
5) Info. on City Action on Short Term Rentals on the KC Govt. Page.