One of only nineteen Kansas City area artists chosen for this honor. Since 1985 Linda and her husband, Lynn Adkins have been residents of Rockhill. Linda was an honors graduate of the Kansas City Art Institute in 1989
Because one percent of public construction costs is devoted to art enhancements in Kansas City, our new airport had a budget of $5.65 million for art. More than 1,900 applications for artistic installations were initially received. Selections were made using broad-based panels of citizens. Each panel chose the work for a particular airport location, near Gate 10 in American Airlines’ International Terminal in Linda’s case.
This is far from being the first honor that Linda has received. For four decades she has been receiving national and international awards, mostly for her work in ceramics. She has even been feted for her considerable philanthropic work as director of the Lighton International Artists Exchange Program. On the tenth anniversary of that organization, our Mayor and City Council proclaimed December 6, 2012 to be Linda Lighton Day in honor of the significant financial fellowships that her organization had awarded to 100 artists since its inception. .
In addition to being an art, Linda Lighton is a feminist, activist, and fearless social commentator, and also, she is a Rockhill Homes Assocation Treasure!
1) RHA annual dues reminder - See Home page.
2) Rockhill Coffee Club to kick off Feb. 17th - See Residents Page.
3) RHA President's reaction to the City Bike Path meeting of Jan. 4th and explanation of the Board's position - See Home or RHA President's Letter Pages.
4) Welcome to Frank and Jolyn Sebree - Residents Page.
5) Winter 2024 Rockhill Times - see Rockhill Times Page.
6) New Security Service for Rockhill: A new service has been contracted to patrol the neighborhood - see Residents Page.