The Rockhill neighborhood is listed on both the National Registry of Historic Places and the Kansas City Registry of Historic Places. Consequently, the neighborhood is subject to an approval process for exterior changes to any residential property. To help residents learn about this process, the association recommends reading the two documents included below:
The first document below is a letter from the Rockhill Home Association President outlining the Association's effort to explain and streamline the process.
The second document below contains the guidelines established by the Historic Preservation Committee of the city of Kansas City for the type of information that should be submitted to them in order to gain approval for external modifications.
A hearing will be held at the regular meeting of the Historic Preservation Commission at City Hall, 414 East 12th Street.
Case No. CH-DR-2023-00043
Address of concern: 4708 Rockhill Rd.
Meeting Date/Time:: 9 am, June 23rd.
Issue: Installation of Solar Panels.
1) Jackson County Property Tax Relief for Seniors - see Residents Page, News Blog, for more information.
2) Plaza Art Fair & PeaceworksKC Art Fair, this weekend, see RHA Events Page.
3) Photos of Plaza 10K run: Sept. 10th, see RHA Events Page
4) City Legislation passes which will likely affect Cleaver II Blvd, see on Home page below.
5) Info. on City Action on Short Term Rentals on the KC Govt. Page.