A hearing will be held at the regular meeting of the Historic Preservation Commission at City Hall, 414 East 12th Street.
Plan Number: CH-DR-2023-00079
Address of concern: 4526 Warwick Blvd. 'George B. Richards' Residence.
Meeting Date/Time:: 9 am, Nov. 17th.
The Rockhill neighborhood is listed on both the National Registry of Historic Places and the Kansas City Registry of Historic Places. Consequently, the neighborhood is subject to an approval process for exterior changes to any residential property. To help residents learn about this process, the association recommends reading the two documents included below:
The first document below is a letter from the Rockhill Home Association President outlining the Association's effort to explain and streamline the process.
The second document below contains the guidelines established by the Historic Preservation Committee of the city of Kansas City for the type of information that should be submitted to them in order to gain approval for external modifications.
1) New Security Service for Rockhill: A new service has been contracted to patrol the neighborhood - see Residents Page, Blog.
2) Historic Preservation Commission Meeting considering the demolish of the historic home at 4526 Warwick Blvd., THE “GEORGE B. RICHARDS RESIDENCE - see RHA Events Page.
3) Fall 2023 Rockhill Times - see Rockhill Times Page.
4)Jackson County Property Tax Relief for Seniors - see Residents Page, News Blog, for more information.
5) City Legislation passes which will likely affect Cleaver II Blvd, see on Home page below.
6) Info. on City Action on Short Term Rentals on the K